About the Ministry
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Lugansk People's Republic was founded on 22 September 2017 by Decree of the Head of the LPR.
From the first days of its foundation the Foreign Ministry proceeded with protecting the interests of the young Republic, defending the rights and freedoms of its citizens on the international scene, disseminating information on the real situation in Donbass and expanding international recognition of the LPR residents’ right to self-determination. While the main direction of the Ministry's activity was resisting Kiev’s aggression against civilians in Donbass by diplomatic and international legal means, including in the context of the Minsk negotiation process to resolve the conflict in Donbass.Today, taking into account an international legal recognition of the LPR by the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs successfully implements the Republic’s foreign policy course aimed at:
- protecting the sovereignty, security, territorial integrity and other interests of the Lugansk People's Republic by diplomatic and international legal means;
- development of relations and international contacts of the Lugansk People's Republic, achievement of wide international recognition and formation of the LPR status as a fully valid subject of international law;
- protecting the legitimate rights and interests of the Lugansk People's Republic citizens abroad;
- expanding the LPR's participation in the activities of governmental and non-governmental international organizations, in the work of international conferences and forums;
- expanding and enhancing cooperation with friendly countries, primarily with the Russian Federation.