From an interview by the Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation Nikolay Patrushev to "Argumenty i Fakty" newspaper
25 May 2022
From an interview by the Secretary of the Security Council of the Russian Federation Nikolay Patrushev to "Argumenty i Fakty" newspaper:
- [On the meaning of denazification]: During the Potsdam Conference, the USSR, the United States and England signed an agreement to eradicate German militarism and Nazism... By denazification was meant a range of measures. Along with prosecuting Nazi criminals, the Third Reich laws legalizing discrimination based on race, nationality, language, religion, and political beliefs were repealed. Nazi and militarist doctrines were excluded from school education... Our country had these goals in 1945, we set the same goals now, freeing Ukraine from neo-Nazism.
- [On the terms of the special operation]: All the goals set by the President of Russia will be achieved. We are not chasing deadlines. Nazism must either be eradicated absolutely for 100%, or it will raise its head in a few years, and in even uglier form.
- Ukrainian fate will be determined by the people living on its territory.
- NATO is not a defensive, but an aggressive offensive military bloc. In case of the enlargement of the military infrastructure of the alliance on the territory of Finland and Sweden, Russia will consider it as a direct threat to its own security and will be obliged to react.
- Perfect scenario for the whole North-Atlantic alliance led by the US is the endless smoldering conflict in Ukraine. The West needs Ukraine as a counterbalance to Russia and as a site for the disposal of obsolete weapons. By encouraging military action, the United States is pumping money into its defense-industrial complex, again, just as in the wars of the 20th century. In this case, the U.S. considers the inhabitants of Ukraine as consumables, which have no room in the so-called "golden billion".
- Russia has the right to demand reparations from the countries that sponsored the Nazis in Ukraine and the criminal Kiev regime. The DPR and the LPR ought to demand reparation for all material damage for the eight years of aggression.