Key points of the statement of Defence Minister of the Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu at the meeting of Defence Ministry Board
20 May 2022
Key points of the statement of Defence Minister of the Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu at the meeting of Defence Ministry Board:
- Groups of the Russian Armed Forces together with the units of the People's Militia of the LPR and the DPR continue to expand control over the territory of Donbass. The liberation of the Lugansk People's Republic is nearing completion.
- In an effort to delay the advance of the Russian army, the Ukrainian Armed Formations do not let local residents out of cities and settlements and use them as human shields.
- Suffering defeat on the ground, the Kiev regime seeks to achieve at least short-term successes in some areas passing them off as major ones.
- All provocations by the Ukrainian Armed Formations will be severely suppressed.
- The blocking of the Azovstal plant continues. The nationalists blocked at the plant are eagerly surrendering. As of now, 1908 people have laid down their arms.
- The situation in the western strategic direction is characterized by the increase in military threats near the Russian borders. Russia is taking adequate countermeasures.