The main points from Lavrov's press-conference on topical issues of international agenda
6 June 2022
The main points from Lavrov's press-conference on topical issues of international agenda:
- [On supplies of MLRS from Britain and America to Ukraine]: The longer the West supplies weapons, the further Russia will push back the line where neo-Nazis threaten the Russian population of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
- Ukraine is not willing to negotiate, it rejected that... Russia was ready to work on the basis of the proposals made by Ukrainian colleagues. The draft of the agreement written based on those proposals is still on the Ukrainian side, not moving, for almost a month and a half.
- [On the refusal of Bulgaria, Montenegro and Northern Macedonia to let Lavrov's jet to Serbia through their airspace]: Brussels decides to be the one to determine the fate of all European countries. The EU wants all candidates to join the union to make Russophobic commitments.
- In Brussels there is no place not only for sovereign equality of countries, enshrined in the UN Charter, but even the notorious freedom of choosing partners, constantly talked about by Brussels, has no place there either... From the Western point of view, Serbia should not have any freedom in choosing its partners.
- We can see how frantically the West reacts to what is happening in Ukraine, and this only proves our point. The U.S. feels empowered to state that countries thousands of kilometers away from them are a threat to be destroyed and they start bombing them. But Moscow's long explanations about unacceptability of advancing NATO, unacceptability of supporting the coup d'etat in Ukraine, unacceptability of discrimination against Russians in Ukraine, unacceptability of both Poroshenko and Zelensky sabotaging the Minsk agreements, which had been achieved with such difficulty. All these warnings were simply ignored.
- Russia will not impose. The main conclusion for Moscow is that it is no longer possible to negotiate and be sure of any agreement with Europe. When the devildom is over and Europe comes to its senses, let's see how they will behave in terms of further ties with Russia and consider their proposals.